See Teaching and Learning Options from the UH Mānoa campus for student-related information.
Internships and Service Learning:
Internship and service learning opportunities that involve working physically in the communities are currently suspended in accordance with social distancing mandates issued by the State and County. However, there are opportunities to work remotely with CSS partners during both Spring and Summer semesters. For specific placements, questions, concerns, or suggestions, please email CSS Director of Civic Engagement, Dr. Ulla Hasager, or ACCESS Engagement, or text/call (808) 330-1276.
FAQs for Students:
UH Mānoa provides answers to frequently asked questions about classes, campus services, housing, and more.
If you have questions or concerns regarding COVID-19 and its impacts on you, please email Dean Denise Konan.
Campus Facilities and Resources
See the University Health Services Mānoa clinic website for updated hours of operation, and information on COVID-19 and respiratory symptoms. Call (808) 956-8965 to speak with a healthcare professional, to make an appointment, or for access to an after-hours medical advice line.
See the Counseling and Student Development Center website for information on updated hours of operation and student services. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, call the Crisis Line of Hawaiʻi at (808) 832-3100.
Interpersonal Violence Advocacy:
The Prevention, Awareness, Understanding (PAU) Violence Program provides confidential advocacy services for students who have experienced or are experiencing interpersonal violence. The site also features a Community Resources page.
Employment and Career Advancement – Mānoa Career Center:
- Career Counseling: Virtual career counseling is offered via appointment. Email to schedule an appointment.
- Workshops: A listing of upcoming virtual workshops hosted by the Mānoa Career Center.
- Pocket Workshops: Short video presentations on a variety of job-preparation topics.
- Career Planning Resources: Online resources to help you explore your career options.
- Find a Job: A jobs database that is updated weekly with a variety of full-time job opportunities.
- @uhmcareercenter: The Mānoa Career Center regularly updates its Instagram with great features, resources and more.
Campus and Facilities:
Adjustments have been made to campus services due to COVID-19. Visit Campus and Facilities Updates for the latest information.
UH Urgent Student Relief Fund:
Students experiencing urgent financial distress due to COVID-19 may apply for the UH Urgent Student Relief Fund.
UH Scholarship Opportunities:
See the UH Scholarship Opportunities page for scholarship opportunities.
General Information and Resources
- UH Mānoa provides frequent updates regarding COVID-19.
- Some additional links that you may find helpful include:
- Federal government resources available as a result of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- Aloha United Way 211 is available from anywhere in Hawaiʻi, Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. for information and referral services.
- Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH)
- Hawaiʻi Department of Health COVID-19 Joint Information Center updates
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Department of State
- Student Zoom User Guide
- Google Meet G Suite Learning Center Tutorials
- Learning During an Emergency
- Tips for Successful Online Learning
- Tips for remote learning or attending school from home during the coronavirus outbreak