The CSS Advancement Office offers strategic communication services and consulting support to College leadership, faculty and staff. The office focuses on projects that align with the strategic goals of CSS, including the advancement of its mission, vision and national reputation.
Requests for assistance will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. The office may employ one or a combination of the methods listed below to disseminate information provided. Newsworthiness, intended audience, timeliness and other factors will determine communication strategies. While every effort will be made to appropriately publicize submittals, staff cannot guarantee coverage by external media outlets.
- Media Releases – Short write-ups that share information with media outlets for their use in generating TV, print and radio news stories.
- Media Advisories – Basic who-what-where-when-why information for media about College happenings and inviting them to possibly attend and cover events.
- UH News Stories – Articles, with photos, featured on the UH News website and included in a weekly UH Systemwide eblast to all UH students, faculty and staff.
- Student or Alumni Profiles – Short profiles about the achievements of CSS students and alumni.
- Social Media – Short messages shared via social media platforms (like Twitter and Facebook) that keep the CSS ʻohana aware of College happenings.
- Video Production – Assistance with production of video shorts for external-facing and student recruitment-focused messages, intended primarily for marketing purposes.
To Request Assistance
To request assistance, please complete and submit the appropriate form below.
Have a research discovery that that would be of interest to the public? Complete the Research Release Request form (UH Login required) and submit a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the desired publication date.
Accomplishments, Awards, Recognitions and General Announcements
To publicize an accomplishment, award, recognition or a general announcement, complete the General Release Request form (UH Login required) and submit a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to desired publication date.
Student and Alumni Profiles
To publicize noteworthy accomplishments of CSS students or alumni, complete the Student or Alumni Profile form and submit a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to desired publication date.
To submit an item related to CSS or its people (current or former students, faculty, staff and administration) for publication on CSS social media accounts, complete and submit the Social Media Request form (UH Login required). All submissions must include an image, with preference to landscape (wide) rather than portrait (tall) images. Allow up to two business days for submissions to be posted.
To request video production assistance for a CSS project, complete and submit the Video Production Request form (UH Login required) a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to desired date. All video requests are evaluated based on project timeline and current capacity. Before submitting a video production request, CSS faculty and staff should first receive approval from the department chair. Submitting a request does not guarantee that your project will be accepted. Please note: Educational videos, tutorials or coverage on speakers and events are generally not approved.