The College of Social Sciences is an innovator in the UH System when it comes to partnering with other colleges in Hawaiʻi and beyond. CSS has created a simplified transfer experience known as the Aloha Pathways, with participating students reaping benefits that include:
- UH Mānoa guaranteed admissions for students from partner universities.
- A clear roadmap for transferring classes to UH Mānoa degrees.
- Individualized concierge advising and admissions support. This includes pre-transfer advising and transition coaching.
- The prestige of belonging to a premier research university consistently ranked in the top 1.5 percent globally.
- Access to exploring different cultures and world-views, and a pipeline of transformative experiences expanding the mind.
University of Hawaiʻi Pathways
Admissions to UH Mānoa is guaranteed for students from UH’s seven community colleges. UH Community College students can receive dual-admission and dual enrollment to UH Mānoa through the Ka‘ie‘ie Degree Pathway Partnership. Other transfer options (visit the Mānoa Transfer Coordination Center) are available, including automatic admissions.
With early academic planning through the Aloha Pathways program, students can graduate in 4-years beginning at UH’s seven community colleges, students in the counties of Oʻahu, Maui, Kauai and Hawaiʻi Island.
West Valley College students who successfully complete an Associate Degree for Transfer in several areas of interest can earn guaranteed admission to the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa College of Social Sciences junior standing.
Prospective transfer students are encouraged to review the following resources:
- Mānoa Transfer Coordination Center – Receive guidance on admissions and transfer from UH System campuses to UH Mānoa.
- Ka‘ie‘ie Degree Pathway Partnership – Enroll in a dual admissions – dual enrollment program between UH Community College and UH Mānoa.
- University of Hawai‘i Course Transfer Database – Discover how the courses you’ve completed at your home institution transfer to UH credits.
- Transfer Credit Policies – Learn about any transfer credit restrictions associated with transferring to UH Mānoa.
- University of Hawaiʻi Articulation and Transfer Agreements – View the formal agreements established within the UH System.
- UH Mānoa Catalog – Check out UH Mānoa degrees, courses, and academic policies.
For questions about the Aloha Pathways program, please contact: