The College of Social Sciences is an innovator in the UH System when it comes to partnering with other colleges in Hawaiʻi and beyond. CSS has created a simplified transfer experience known as the Aloha Pathways, with participating students reaping benefits that include:
- A clear roadmap for transferring classes to UH Mānoa degrees.
- Individualized concierge advising and admissions support.
- The prestige of belonging to a premier research university consistently ranked in the top 1.5 percent globally.
- Access to exploring different cultures and world-views, and a pipeline of transformative experiences expanding the mind.
Living the Aloha: An Aloha Pathway Success Story
Transfer Student Profile – Keiley Kaleolani Alvaro
- Born and raised in Los Gatos and Saratoga, California
- Graduated from WVC with an Associate degree in liberal arts
- Enrolled at the College of Social Sciences in 2018
- Graduated in 2020 with a bachelor of arts (double major in ethnic studies and psychology)
- Future plans include going to graduate school, becoming a special education teacher
“I first learned about the Aloha Pathway program at a College Day fair at West Valley College. I am part Native Hawaiian, and had always thought about studying at the University of Hawai‘i to connect with my culture. When I did a campus tour, I instantly thought I could make Mānoa my home. I have not only made connections with my peers and professors, but also with the community. When I’m not working hard on my academics you can find me outdoors hiking, scuba diving and catching some waves with my sorority sisters. I am forever grateful for the Aloha Pathway program that made Hawai‘i my second home.”