CSS is dedicated to helping undergraduate students achieve their educational goals in a timely manner. Academic advisors match students with customized educational plans, skills and abilities based on career and life goals, and shine the light on paths to success by providing assistance with:
- Academic Forms – Assisting students with the completion and submission of critical paperwork.
- Certifications – For CSS majors, Pre-Psychology students seeking certification of courses for ROTC, Financial Aid-Satisfactory Academic Progress, Concurrent Enrollment and Veterans Benefits.
- General Advising – Providing half-hour advising appointments (visit Star Student Balance) from Mondays to Fridays (8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) excluding holidays.
- Graduation – Assisting students as they prepare for the culmination of their journeys at the university.
- Major Advising – Visit department websites to find undergraduate major advisor.
- Mandatory Advising – For freshmen and sophomores during their first four semesters at UH Mānoa.
- Orientation Sessions – For new and transfer students to learn about policies and procedures applicable to their general education and major degree requirements.
- Study Abroad – Assisting students in meeting graduation requirements, gaining a global perspective, and taking the educational journey of a lifetime.
- Transfer Advising – Review of transfer credits to aid in a smooth transition to campus.